A party wouldn’t be complete without the cake, right? Aside from the colorful balloons, presents, ice cream, and games, a delicious chocolate cake can also make everyone excited– both kids and adults alike. That’s why I’m here to give you one of the healthiest cake recipes I often use during birthday parties! The main ingredient? Ginseng!
Ginseng is one of the best herbs that has a number of benefits. Aside from being a natural tonic and aphrodisiac, some of the benefits that you can enjoy from consuming ginseng, includes being able to lose weight effectively, it acts as a physical and health stimulant, aids in type 2 diabetes, prevents menstrual problems, and many more. So, what could be the best way to influence everyone to give this wonderful herb a try? Turn it into something they’re going to love!
Without further ado, here’s a ginseng chocolate cake recipe for you to try. It’s light, fluffy, and best of all, it has been kid-tested and approved! Go buy ginseng and get your baking pans and lovely molds ready because we’re about to start!
– 3 cups all purpose flour
– 3/4 cup canola oil
– 3/4 cup unsalted butter
– 4 1/2 ounce chocolate; finely chopped
– 3 large eggs
– 3 cups of sugar
– 3/4 cup cocoa powder
– 3/4 cup buttermilk
– 2 1/2 tsp. baking soda
– 1/2 tsp salt
– 1 tsp baking powder
– 2 tbs vanilla extract
– 1 tsp. of ginseng powder
– 1 vanilla bean
– 2 1/2 cups heavy cream
– 6 ounce bittersweet chocolate
– 6 tbsp unsalted butter
– 2 cups sugar
– 1/4 tsp kosher salt
– 1/2 cup syrup
– Preheat the oven at 350F.
– Combine chocolate, butter, and water in a saucepan and heat over low heat until melted.
– In a separate bowl, combine all remaining dry ingredients, except for baking soda, ginseng powder, and salt, and pour the chocolate mixture. Whisk well.
– Add one egg at a time, and then the remaining ingredients.
– Transfer in the prepared baking pans and bake for about 20 minutes or until fully baked.
– Cool completely.
– In a saucepan over low heat, combine butter, cream, vanilla bean, and stir until fully melted.
– Whisk the chopped chocolate and wait for it to melt.
– Don’t forget to add cocoa powder, sugar, and syrup until smooth, and allow it to dissolve.
– Pour in a pan and allow it to freeze.
Assembling the Cake
– Remove the frosting from the freezer and transfer it to a bowl. Whisk well until it softens, then become light and fluffy.
– Spread frosting around the cake like how you usually do. This would take a lot of patience, but the end result is definitely worth it.
There you have it. It’s as easy as that! Enjoy!